So you want to write for the Young Germany blog? We’d love to have you. We are always looking for stories about individuals’ experiences engaging with German culture, whether you were just passing through, studied here for a year, or have decided to make it your home permanently. Even if you’ve never been to Germany, but are totally obsessed with learning the language or wearing Lederhosen, we’d love to hear your story.
What we’re looking for
- Anecdotal, informational posts between 500 and 1000 words in length.
- Clear, concise, quality writing.
- Fresh ideas. Please look through our archives before contacting us. There are only so many articles about shelf toilets that one Germany blog can take.
What we have to offer
- Exposure to a fan base over 60,000 strong. We will link up to your other online projects on every guest post we publish, as well as mention your work on our twitter and facebook pages.
- Our partner sites will sometimes pick up YG blogs. Ever wanted to see what your writing would look like translated into another language? If you OK partner syndication, you just might get to find out what you would sound like in French or Japanese.
- You retain rights to your work and can re-publish on your own site if you would like.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer monetary compensation of any kind.
Get in touch
Still interested in writing for us? Drop us a line at contact AT young-germany DOT de. Introduce yourself (where are you from? what do you do?), tell us about your relationship with Germany, and pitch a few blog ideas, and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Cheers!